Our one day workshop is specifically aimed at those working in the Marquee or Events industry. We will cover all aspects of the design, installation and testing of temporary electrical systems for events. The course is aimed at those who specify and install such systems but have no formal electrical qualification. We will guide candidates through best practises in installing electrical and lighting systems in temporary structures for events. This includes tips on how to avoid some common, and some not so obvious, pitfalls. There will also be plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with some of our latest products specifically designed for this industry.
WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU:
- The Rules, regulations and the Law—BS7909:2011
- Planning your system—Calculating power requirements
- Finding a power supply or choosing a generator
- Types of equipment required and typical applications
- Circuit and cable protection—identify the risks to be protected against
- Choosing cables and power distribution
- Installing your system safely
- Know your limits! – When you require a qualified electrician
- Testing requirements—what needs to be tested and who can do it?
This is a non examined course and provides no formal qualification; it is designed to provide candidates with an awareness of the issues surrounding electrical systems for temporary events. Candidates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion, and a set of course notes.