Our one day workshop is specifically aimed at those working within the events industry.
We shall cover methods and types of lighting and how to install your system.
- What is light? How do we make it? – a little background science.
- It’s not all Black and White! – a guide to colour and brightness .
- Methods of lighting – uplight, downlight, front light, back light, washing, projection and decoration.
- Types of lighting equipment and typical applications—the advantages and disadvantages of al kinds of equipment .
- Controlling light, optically, mechanically and electronically
- LED’s, How to get the best from LED lighting
- Choosing cables and power distribution—how much power will I need?
- Installing your system safely—rigging, power, lasers…
- Be Bright! – Intelligent light?
- Smoke and mirrors—special effects and how to get a little more from your equipment.
This is a non examined course and provides no formal qualification; it is designed to help candidates with lighting for events. Candidates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.