Event Electrical Training Course
Our Event Electrics course is specifically aimed at those working in the Marquee or Events industry, and those who install these systems but have no formal electrical qualification.
We cover all aspects of design, installation and testing of temporary electrical systems for specifically aimed at events.
Our experts guide candidates through the best practises in installing electrical and lighting systems in temporary structures for events. Including tips on how to avoid some common, and some not so obvious, pitfalls.
There will also be plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with some of our latest products specifically designed for this industry.
We keep the class sizes down, we’ve found between 4 and 8 people to be enough to get the best results and making sure you have that individual attention.
We’re an informal bunch that's reflected in our courses, we prefer a relaxed style allowing for questions, the knowledge of the group and what individuals want to get out of the course to dictate the direction of the day.
What is covered:
- The Rules, regulations and the Law—BS7909:2011
- Planning your system—Calculating power requirements
- Finding a power supply or choosing a generator
- Types of equipment required and typical applications
- Circuit and cable protection—identify the risks to be protected against
- Choosing cables and power distribution
- Installing your system safely
- Know your limits! – When you require a qualified electrician
- Testing requirements—what needs to be tested and who can do it?
This is a non-examined course and provides no formal qualification; it is designed to provide candidates with an awareness of the issues surrounding electrical systems for temporary events.
Candidates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion, and a complete set of course notes to keep.
Price per delegate £200.00 plus VAT.
The fee also includes tea or coffee and lunch, dietary requirements will be collected upon booking.
Courses are run out of our offices in Torpoint, Cornwall, PL11 2TB or can be arranged at your premises for a fee, contact us for more information.
PDF version of course outline here.