Event Lighting Training Course
Essential Supplies Event Lighting course is specifically aimed at those working in the Events industry.
We cover all types of lighting, methods of use and how to install your system. The course is aimed at those who install these systems but have no formal electrical qualification.
Our experts guide candidates through the best practises in installation, including tips on how to avoid some common, and some not so obvious, pitfalls.
There will also be plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with some of our latest products specifically designed for this industry.
We keep the class sizes down, we’ve found between 4 and 8 people to be enough to get the best results and making sure you have that individual attention.
We’re an informal bunch that's reflected in our courses, we prefer a relaxed style allowing for questions, the knowledge of the group and what individuals want to get out of the course to dictate the direction of the day.
What is covered:
- What is light? How do we make it? – a little background science
- It’s not all Black and White! – a guide to colour and brightness
- Methods of lighting – uplighters, downlighting, front light, back light, washing, projection and decoration
- Types of lighting equipment and typical applications – the advantages and disadvantages
- Controlling light, optically, mechanically and electronically
- LED’s – How to get the best from LED lighting
- Choosing cables and power distribution – how much power will I need?
- Installing your system safely – rigging, power, lasers etc.
- Be Bright! – Intelligent light
- Smoke and mirrors – special effects and how to get a little more from your equipment
This is a non-examined course and provides no formal qualification; it is designed to provide candidates with an awareness of the issues surrounding electrical systems for temporary events.
Candidates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion, and a complete set of course notes to keep.
Price per delegate £200.00 plus VAT
The fee also includes tea or coffee and lunch, dietary requirements will be collected upon booking.
Courses are run out of our offices in Torpoint, Cornwall, PL11 2TB or can be arranged at your premises for a fee, contact us for more information.
View PDF of course outline here.