Terms & Conditions
Registered Company Details
Essential Supplies UK LTD is a Limited Company registered in 1995.
Registered in England Company Number: 03119738, VAT No GB 684591002
Registered Office (not for deliveries please): Essential Supplies, c/o Dawe, Hawkin & Dodd, 52 Fore Street, Callington, Cornwall PL17 7AJ
Order Confirmation and Acceptance
When placing an order online, you will receive an automatic order confirmation email. This is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between yourself and Essential Supplies.
Once your order has been processed and dispatched, we will send a VAT invoice, indicating official acceptance of your order, at which point a contract will be created. We have included this term to protect us in the event that an error has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the event of a change in the price of any goods, we will always contact you first to confirm that you wish to proceed with the order.
Shipping And Handling of Goods
We do not accept any liability for late or missed deliveries, as this can be due to circumstances beyond our control. If your delivery is late, we will endeavor to help locate your consignment. Please contact a member of our sales team for support. We do not accept liability for consignments not received. If a period of one month has passed before contact is made with Essential Supplies, we will deem the goods lost. We may put you in contact with the courier for claims but cannot guarantee the outcome.
We package our goods carefully and securely according to the items being sent. If goods arrived and are believed to be damaged, you may refuse the delivery. If you accept the damaged goods, please state with the courier you are signing for damaged and detail the condition of the cartons, while contacting Essential Supplies at the earliest convenience. We will endeavor to act on your behalf to claim and replace damaged goods, up to 7 days from receipt. We cannot accept responsibility for damaged goods due to delivery thereafter. These would fall under the policy of faulty goods and returns. please contact us with faulty reasons to receive a returns number. Your consumer rights will not be affected.
For orders placed in the UK or European Union, VAT is added at 20% on all goods and services. For EU countries outside the UK, we do not need to charge VAT if you are a business with a valid VAT number.
For all other international orders shipped outside of the European Union, VAT will not be added. Click here for delivery rates, or ask for a quote.
For UK customers payments are processed online by Take Payments or PayPal, offering you extra security. When ordering online, your payment details are not stored to our systems and will remain secure. For customers outside the UK, we will require payment by bank transfer, please contact us for bank details.
We guarantee your total satisfaction with our products and services. All of our products come with a minimum 60-day guarantee as standard, most products are backed by manufacturer's warranty of 12 months or more.
Conditions of Contract
Essential Supplies (UK) Ltd CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. General All goods and services supplied by Essential Supplies (UK) Ltd are subject to the following conditions. The placing of an order, or the acceptance of our quotation or tender or of delivery of the goods, includes acceptance of the following conditions. Unless agreed by us in writing, any other terms or conditions (including any which may be contained in your order) are excluded. Unless expressly incorporated in our quotation or tender, all descriptions, illustrations, drawings, dimensions, weights, measurements, specifications, standards of performance or other descriptive matter or precontractual statements are approximate only and shall not form part of the contract. Our record of any order placed by you verbally shall be conclusive as to the type and quantity of produce and the point and date of delivery.
2 Validity Unless previously withdrawn, our quotation is open for acceptance within the period stated therein or, when no period is so stated, within 30 days after its date, and is subject to written confirmation by us at the time of acceptance. All goods are offered subject to their being available upon receipt of order.
3. Interest Interest is charged on unpaid accounts from 28 days after the date of invoice, at a rate of 6% above the base rate of the National Westminster Bank plc base rate in force from time to time
4. Acceptance The acceptance of our tender must be accompanied by sufficient information to enable us to proceed with the order, failing which we are at liberty to amend the tender price to cover any increase in cost resulting from such failure on behalf of the hirer.
5. Extra Cost In the event of suspension of work on the customers' instructions, or failure to supply adequate instructions at any stage, the contract price shall be increased to cover any additional expense incurred by us in consequence thereof.
6. Validity Unless previously withdrawn, our quotation is open for acceptance within the period stated therein or, when no period is so stated, within 30 days after its date, and is subject to written confirmation by us at the time of acceptance. All goods are offered subject to their being available upon receipt of order.
7. Delivery The risk in all goods passes to you either when they first enter those premises to which they are addressed, or when signed for, whichever is first. We reserve the right to choose the method of transport and to charge you with all manufacturers’ carriage charges. We accept no liability for any loss by yourselves or a third party due to late delivery whether direct or consequential and however arising.
8. Acceptance Unless you give us written notice within seven days from the date of delivery that the goods are not in conformity with the contract, you are deemed to have accepted the goods.
9. Passing of property Notwithstanding delivery, all goods supplied by us will remain our property until you pay in full for them, and for all other goods previously supplied by us. You will store the goods in such a way so that they are readily identifiable as our property, but you may, as trustees for us, sell them to a third party in the normal course of your business. Upon any sale by you of the goods (either alone or with other items) all rights which you have against the buyer shall automatically vest in us. We shall be entitled, immediately after giving notice of our intention to repossess, to enter upon any premises with such transport as may be necessary to repossess any goods to which we have title under this Clause.
10. Performance It is your responsibility to determine that the goods are sufficient and suitable for that purpose to which they are to be put. We cannot accept any responsibility either in respect of the installation of any goods or as to the ultimate performance of any product in which the goods may be installed. We shall in no way be liable for any direct or consequential damage, loss or expense arising from any defect or inefficiency caused by the manner in which the goods are used. If you are not entirely satisfied with any product, return it to us for a full refund. Many of the goods supplied have manufacturers' guarantee in excess of the 60 days we offer.
11. Defects after delivery All goods supplied by us are guaranteed for 60 days from the date of invoice. Accordingly, we shall pass on to you the benefit of the warranty, if any, given by the manufacturer of the goods. Our liability under this clause shall be in lieu of any warranty or condition implied by law as to the quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the goods, and we shall not be under any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in respect of any defects in goods delivered or for any injury, damage or loss resulting from such defects of from anything done or omitted in connection with the goods of from any work done in connection therewith.
12. Return of goods No goods supplied against a firm order can be returned outside the 60-day guarantee Clause 9 without our prior written consent and the receipt of your advice note stating the reason for the return and the date and number of our invoice. All goods returned must be securely packed and, unless we arrange the collection, consigned carriage paid. If we collect we reserve the right to make a handling charge, and the issue of our collection note will not bind us to issue any credit in respect of the goods.
13. Termination We may, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies determine the contract of any unfulfilled part of it or withhold further deliveries or make partial deliveries if :-
(a) you fail to make payment on the due date under this or any other contract between us:
(b) you purport to cancel or suspend, or commit any breach of, this or any other contract between us:
(c) You become insolvent or make any composition with your creditors or have a receiver appointed of all or any part of your undertaking or assets or go into liquidation (save for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction) and we shall be entitled to recover from you all our loss including any loss of profit or loss on resale.
14. Waiver Any failure by us to enforce any or all of these Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any of our rights hereunder.